Important Wedding Dress Tips
You are finally settling down and the crowning moment is in the offing; your wedding day is coming. A wedding is a crucial signal and event that ushers in marriage life. All brides are excused for panicking at the thought of planning a wedding. However, it is good to take a deep breath and then plan properly. The most important bridal component of any wedding is a wedding dress. The perfect wedding gown can really make or break the wedding. Ask these question when planning your wedding dress:
- Budget and time frame – What can you afford and how long before your wedding do you need to buy your dress?
- Buy online – Should you buy your dress online or offline?
- Style – What style do you prefer?
- Size – What size are you?
- Alterations – Do you need to make changes to your wedding dress?
In this case, choosing your dress wisely is the way to go. Shopping at bridal stores is great and after trying several stores with little success, it is good to widen your search. Consider buying your wedding dress online. Can you get the ideal gown online? This is the all important question; and the simple answer is, yes. However, you have to know what to look for and how to do it. This article empowers every bride with worthy tips to find the perfect wedding gown over the Internet.
Why Are White Wedding Gowns So Popular?
The wedding dress or attire will solely depend on culture and religion of the individuals getting married. However, western cultures and Christian circles have made the white wedding dress iconic. The white dress for weddings was notably popularized in the 19th century by Queen Victoria. As a result, weddings that feature a white bridal dress are referred to as white weddings.
Before Queen Victoria’s wedding, brides used to wear all manner of gowns in an assortment of colors ranging from yellow to black and brown. After Prince Albert and the queen tied the knot, the white wedding gown became the gold standard. The elite found a new way to showcase both affluence and social status. Some cultures will choose celebratory colors like red for their wedding gowns; this is more common in eastern cultures.
African traditional cultures also have their own wedding attire for the bride. Some of these cultures are still thriving while being overshadowed by the prominence of the white wedding. Therefore, the bridal gown has a deeper meaning than meets the eye. This dress must be perfect as a symbol of unity, love, happiness, status; among others. In the 21st century, buying the right gown for your wedding has been made easier. With endless online bridal stores, you can remotely select the gown that pleases you most.
What Are the Benefits of Buying a Wedding Dress Online?
- Buying online can save you money compared to buying offline. It is easier to compare prices and choose one that will suit your budget most.
- Online, you get access to a wide gallery of dresses. The huge inventory of dresses cannot come close to the stock you find at a local offline store. With more variety and choices, the more your chances of finding the perfect dress for your wedding.
- Online, you can buy dresses that are abroad or in other states or cities. This literally removes the physical boundaries that limit you.
- On the Internet, you get access to all manner of offers and promotions. This way, you can cut the overall cost of your wedding gown.
- Buying this way is also simple and can be done by anybody. All you need is an Internet connection and follow the checkout steps provided. This convenience is time-saving and requires little follow up on your part.
- You can read user reviews before buying your wedding dress online. In fact, you can read in-depth product information before you make an informed decision. A brick and mortar store will not give you unlimited access to such buying guides and resources.
- Buying your wedding gown is safe and secure. This is because you can use third party payment systems that safeguard your interest. This way, you only pay for the dress when you are happy with the quality of the dress.
- If you have a very busy schedule, looking for a wedding gown online can be a savior. This is because you do not have to leave the convenience of your space. You can shop for the ideal dress right where you are.
- You can buy a brand new, used or pre owned wedding dress online.
Downsides of buying a wedding dress online
- If you do not do follow the right steps, you can get a poor quality dress
- Some online retailers are not trustworthy and may misrepresent the products sold
The Types of Wedding Gowns Available Online
Knowing the kinds of dresses available online will give you an idea of what to expect. In addition, you will get to choose the dress that suits you. These gowns come in many designs or silhouettes. This refers to the style of the skirt – the part between the waist and the toes. There are 8 most common silhouettes and they all suit different body types. Below is an insight;
- Mermaid gowns – This is a very fitted style that hugs the body showcasing the hips and chest. Then, it tends to flare out at the knees to the hemline. This silhouette is more fitted than the trumpet design. This wedding dress is excellent if you are going for a very sexy look. Therefore, you must be comfortable to show off some curves. Brides with fuller figures may not feel very confident with this gown style. Slender brides and those who have a trim waistline can pull it off perfectly. If you are fully confident to show off your curves, this is definitely a good option. If you are insecure about your stomach size; there are better options for you.
- Trumpet gowns – This gown will have a bell or trumpet shape. It flares out just below the hips and creates a wide skirt that adds volume. If you are looking for something that is not as fitted as the mermaid, this is the best option. Again, it will highlight the waist and showcase your chest. Therefore, brides who are slender or those with an hour glass figure can find this style ideal.
- Sheath gowns – This is also referred to as the column style. It gently highlights or contours the entire body. This is a great option for petite brides who are looking for that elongated effect. If you have a large lower body, this gown style may not be for you. Full and boxy figures will need to highlight their waist further to make this dress flattery.
- Ballgowns – If you are looking for a dramatic skirt, the ballgown is ideal. If features a well fitted bodice and a very full skirt. For brides who are pear-shaped, this is the right way to hide some flaws. However, it works very well with slimmer figures as well. Those who have full busts will find that this gown creates an hour glass figure. There is great emphasis on the waistline.
- A-line gowns – This dress will flow from the bodice creating an A shape. This is a classic style used to show simplicity. It works for a variety of brides ranging from slender to those with wider busts. It can hide the flaws of the lower body and with modifications, it can be the perfect style for any bride.
- Empire line gowns – The waistline in this silhouette will be raised sitting just below the bust. The dress then flows to the hem making it a perfect pick for pear-shaped brides. This design works great for brides who have a smaller bust. Pregnant brides can also pull off this dress because it leaves a good allowance for the belly. It is a versatile gown and can accommodate different necklines and bead work to add to the overall appeal and style.
- Tea-length gowns – These are shorter gowns that do not go past the ankles. They also tend to go past the knees. These gowns are great for all body shapes.
- Mini gowns – The skirt will fall above the knee and does not suit plus size brides. The gown will be simple for casual or informal weddings.
Top Tips for Buying Your Wedding Dress Online
- Accurate measurements of your body are paramount – The three major components of your measurements include you hips, waist and bust. Know your fit and provide some room if you are planning to lose or gain weight. Shop at an online store that provides a comprehensive guide on measurements and fit.
- Details about the dress fabrics are critical – The online space does not give you the luxury of touching various fabrics. To this end, know your fabrics. Some will stretch while others will be stiff. If you are looking for lace, know the type of lace used. Embellishments such as beading should also be considered keenly. Known the exact materials and add-ons used to make the wedding gown.
- In-depth product specification is key – The features of the dress must be provided in detail. For example, know the silhouette, neckline, fabrics; among others. Some dresses will have modifications and you must get all this information. Here, you will get to know whether the dress has a full lining or not. Shear fabrics that are see-through can be tricky and it is hard to tell while shopping online. If you want a fully lined gown, make inquiries and get what suits you best.
- Know your wedding gown color of choice – If you are not a traditional bride, you can choose all manner of shades from ivory to gold and pale pink. Because you do not want surprises upon delivery, be very clear on the color you want. If you prefer a snow-white gown, confirm this to be the case. Off-white options are many for those who like to explore.
- Consider all silhouettes and have an open mind – Different styles will suit different body types. However, this does not mean that the rules are cast in stone. Explore other designs and uncover gowns that might work even better for your big day.
- Read some wedding gown reviews – Online, you can search for user reviews and see how the gowns look like. Searching social tags will give you the right results. See how other brides wore the dress before making your decision.
- Get familiar with the store terms and policies – Know the return policies of the online store first. Also, consider whether they use third party escrow systems. This is where you use a company that acts as a buffer for your purchase. When you get the dress and like it, the money is released to the store and everyone is happy.
- Know the cost and duration of shipping – Factor in the extra shipping costs in your budget. Also, consider the waiting time for your dress. A wedding dress should be ordered well in advance to avert a possible crisis.
Whether you are buying a new or a used wedding dress, there are so many online platforms to find your perfect dress.
Where Can You Buy a Wedding Gown Online?
From your local online retailer to national online sellers, finding the right dress is very easy. You can buy based on your budget and style needs. For affordable dresses, consider sellers like Reformation, Floravere, ASOS; the list is endless. A quick online search in your area and beyond should give you what you are looking for.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9932632