Engagement Rings Inspiration
Today purchasing an engagement ring has now become the status quo of identifying yourself as one who is already taken and ready for marriage but there are a few steps to getting the right ring for your future wife:
- Preferred style – What does she like?
- Size – What is her ring size?
- Metal – Should it be gold or some other material?
- Gemstone – How about the stone, should it be a diamond?
- Cut – What gemstone cut does your future wife like?
- Budget – Remember that in the end it is the thought that counts!
The modern engagement ring is a symbol that shows that a person is engaged to be married with style. The cut, pricing and make of the engagement ring although not all important, adds a certain flavor to your engagement day or ceremony and has spurned a new jewelery market all on its own.
Your Guide to Buying the Right Engagement Ring
The Engagement ring now comes in different designs; it could be a band made of precious materials such as Gold, Platinum or Silver or it could be a band laced with gem stones to provide an irresistible beauty to the ring. The different major designs of engagement rings shall be discussed below.
Different Types of Engagement Rings
- Solitaire rings; these are the quintessential classic engagement rings, the solitaire ring consists of a band and a gem stone; the band could be made from any material of your choice ranging from gold to platinum while the gemstone should also be chosen to fit your peculiar characteristics, it could be diamonds or sapphire cut in different ways that would be explained below.
- Engagement Rings with Side stones: These exquisite rings are made with gemstones inserted into the sides of the band, which can be made of any metal material depending on your taste. Some side stones ring also come with a central stone at the middle. The popular gemstones used for this design of rings are usually diamonds but you can personally customize your gemstone to the taste of your love.
- The Three Stone Rings or the Trinity ring: this is a ring design with its own romantic history, it is believed that each stone in the three stone ring symbolizes the past, present and future of the time in which a couple has spent together and the ring would bind them together for all eternity. The ring design is that of an immaculate platinum band with three exquisite gemstones; one at the middle with two place strategically by the sides. The gemstones are usually mad of diamonds but you are allowed to customize yours into three different types of gemstones if you so desire.
- The Matching Bridal Set: this is a beautiful combination of both the engagement ring and the actual wedding band, there is no set design on how a matching bridal set should look like but it is generally good to have either the engagement ring or the wedding ring accentuating the other and vice versa I.e. an exquisite platinum engagement ring with a gemstone should be paired with a simple Gold classic wedding band, providing the bride with a touch of color.
- Tension Rings: let the name not act as a barrier to you when considering the tension ring for it is one of those designs we call simple but indefinitely classy, it consists of a band made from any material of your choice, tightly holding a gemstone in its grip with pressure i.e. the gemstone is not held by prongs but clasped in between the two sides of the band material you chose. The band material serves as its holding support. It is highly recommended you go for two contrasting colors for the band and the gemstone to bring out the true beauty of the tension ring.
The Different Cuts of Gemstones
- The Cushion cut: this method of cutting a gemstone, gives the stone a classic shape that is between a rectangle and an oval, it is one of the most popular jewelery cuts and it’s also known as the antique cut.
- The Marquise cut: the method employed in cutting the shape of the marquise cut gives the gemstone an oval shape in the middle with ends. This ring has a classic elven or should I say earthy look that brings out the supernatural beauty in your bride.
- The Emerald cut: the emerald gem naturally has its own defined shape and this cut method clearly mirrors it, the emerald cut is a rectangular cut with cropped corners protruding at its four ends.
- The Asscher cut: this method of cutting the gemstone gives it a shape people say is similar to the emerald rectangle but it is more octagonal in shape than rectangle, the octagonal shape helps it catch light and reflect it in different directions. It’s a perfectly beautiful cut for a rings gemstone.
- The Princess cut: this is one of the most used cuts on gemstones, it is square in shape and helps bring out the beauty of the gemstone used quite demurely.
- The Round cut: this cut general looks round but its more than that for it has different spikes added to its surfaces making it one of, if not the most shining gemstone cut of the lot, it is known amongst women for its ability to blind the eye (sparkle).
- The Heart cut: perfect for the romantics at heart and shaped to belly their hearts, it is a simple and classy cut that is quite popular amongst women.
After giving a general expose on engagement ring designs and cuts, the next step is to bring to your notice the leaders in the industry that provides you with the best and most expensive rings- in some cases- out there.
- Bill Barnes: the producers of some of the most exquisite and expensive engagement bands out there.
- Tiffany: everybody knows the name Tiffany this designer house also provides customers with top of the range rings and prices defer.
- Tacori: the Tacori design is also one of the most sought after engagement rings in the jewelery industry the cut and arrangement of its designs are always a joy to behold.
In choosing a ring your budget must also come into play so either you purchase Tiffany’s or an average engagement ring, it’s the thought that counts.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7011466